in the homemaker category this week.
I have two kids who had fever this week.
One kid broke a thumb and had to go through deep worry
because broken bones are HUGE for a ten year old.
One kid got glasses for the first time.
One kid had stacks of homework all week, not
because of laziness but because he's a highschooler.
My laundry pile is huge. The clean pile and the dirty pile.
The family has been sorting through the piles to find clothes this week.
I took the kids to the library this week and "had" to look through them
to approve them. Hehe! I can never put a book down. It's a problem.
I baked a batch of bread mixed in my 20 quart mixer...which means bread for days.
I baked a quad batch of whoopie pies.
I used my crock pot this week.
On Wednesday I collected the stuff from the yard from our party on Saturday.
I took the kids out to eat at Pizza Hut one evening
because my kitchen was clean and the man who matters most to us wasn't home.
I took two kids to Hobbytown USA for an excuse to go.
I could enjoy myself at that store for a very long time without their assistance.
I also took two kids to starbucks and they didn't care about it....but my flat white was good.
I haven't done my walk all week.
It rained yesterday and I had just spent long minutes at the car wash splashing my face and glasses in the process.
I have taken time to see the beautiful fall colors.
Yesterday Jeanie apologized to me for being grumpy and added on her own free will that she was sorry for "fitting". Which is the same as saying she threw a fit.
She's also been talking about all the farmers tractoring in the fields.
Because they are combining so are they not also tractoring?
I got to take one picnic to the field during harvest this season,
and Matt was able to spend a few hours in the harvest field with the boys.
That was a gift.
And there were a million other moments.
Comments