Skip to main content

It's What's on My Heart

     What's on my heart today.  People.  Always people.  I love people.  
The ones who care.
The ones who are hurting.
The ones who can't get over their stuff and don't want to.
The ones who have decided enough of the stuff
and are digging deep and redeeming it.
The young ones who have so much hope.  
The young ones who want so much of life and
 are finding life too real for them right now.
The young ones who need a boundary but no one gives it.


I hurt because I see all the people.
And I want to fix it and make it better.
I have a knowing.
But I'm not snooping.
And I'm not judging.
I'm only aching.
And who am I?
I can't fix these things.

When I reach out to touch those things.
Am I reaching to tear down?
Am I reaching to gain approval?
Am I reaching because I really care?
Am I reaching because I have all the answers?
Am I reaching because I'm a control nut?
Or what about reaching because God will get the glory?

What if my reach makes it all go the wrong way?  
Most all of all.....
I'm not that big a deal.  
But God is!  
And I so want to give that Big DEAL to everyone!  

How can I best help?  
Prayer right now.  
But how will they feel the care if I don't say something?  
  Why would I think I could say the perfect thing to make it better?
God can do the perfect thing to make it better.  
I know that.
But I don't know it enough or 
I would pray over all the people better 
and stop stressing over them.

I lay awake at night and think.  And pray.
I'm sure I don't need to know the end result.
But since I have the ache in my heart that practically chokes me 
it must mean it's a big enough deal that I need to pray.

So pray I will. 
For the ones with real mental battles.
For the ones who want their marriages to thrive but are struggling.
For the ones who want to be under a mentor but don't know how to ask for one.
For the ones who know a change would break the fog but say "not yet".
For the worn out and defeated.
For the ones who don't feel heard or needed.
For wisdom.
For the ones who are reaching day and night that their strength can be renewed.
For the ones who weren't given tools to life but are made to appear perfect.
For me. 



Comments

ourlittleheaven said…
I like this a lot and I love your heart
Jenn said…
You are a true friend!
Darla said…
A small tear. . .you've expressed my heart. Blessings to you today. . .
amyjane30 said…
Valita, Jenn and Darla! Thanks for reading my heart here. God bless you too in your knowing and ache and prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.

Forgiveness

 Forgiveness  Forgiveness has bones It has a brain It uses logic  And common sense  Forgiveness goes about Finding a common ground. It shows up in common places. It happens unsuspected. Forgiveness allows one to Name the thing that happened. Forgiveness gives one a way To see it for what it was. Forgiveness provides for the  Empty spaces in conversation  And allows one to listen  And grieve outside of one’s own experience. Forgiveness walks into a situation  And remembers. But walks with peace And knows calmness. Forgiveness has an earpiece  On the heart  And a microphone  At his mouth Saying the words that Forgiveness has given him. Forgiveness doesn’t walk with fear. Forgiveness looks alone. But He’s always always  Hand in hand with gentleness and kindness. Forgiveness can stand alone though. It doesn’t melt away or dissipate  With time. Forgiveness is that little happy wren  On your shoulder  Forgiveness sings...

Let me tell you how God answers prayer

      Did I ever write on here that I am teaching school at our little church school?  I absolutely love it and find that it's been a neat way to feel useful and invest in our bubble.  But I am requiring my kids to tell stories and write them and read them.  And right now they are in a four week story writing assignment and I began to wonder what I thought I was doing requiring something of them that I am not really proficient at nor am I very knowledgable about.       So for my story to write  let me tell you a little bit about how God answers prayer.  Sometime I feel like I should write Jeanie's whole story.  But not this time.             Jeanie's been having focal seizures.  We don't know when they started.  All we know is that we were advised to go get her growing pain/ leg cramps looked into and it started the beginning of many tests of which we still aren't done with....