Arla says I need to post again. I don't have any new pictures to post and nothing too big or new to share....
Some things to think about in our lives lately.....
1, What is relationship with God? Lately I've been talking to a few friends and relations and I've been noticing them talking about desiring a deeper relationship with God. And how something in life brought them to this point or whatever they all say. So that is what brought about my question. Does relationship w/ God mean certain things? Does it mean the same thing for everyone? And the most important question.....What does God say about relationship with Him?
2, How much of the world events and news should affect how we run our lives? Do we live in fear ? Do we go about as normal? Or do use the time God has given us to think ahead for harder times? And how do we relate to everyone around us w/ all the current events? Surely there are people out there wondering and searching for answers?
3, How important is owning a house and chasing the American dream? How does one stay moderate in all things?
4, How does one raise boys who are strong, happy, wholesome, and wise?
So many questions...and I'm sure life will always be life and I'll have different questions next week. So far now I do my moment and wonder if I'm going to get that down right too!
But I do know.....My dishes need done every day. there is always laundry to do. and closets to clean out, and baking to do, and two boys to train into gentlemen, and a husband to honour and keep happy! So perhaps I should go do that!
And maybe that's one of those ways where I find a little bit of my answer to what is relationship w/ God? And maybe that is my answer to all my questions...just living out what is in front of me now?
Some things to think about in our lives lately.....
1, What is relationship with God? Lately I've been talking to a few friends and relations and I've been noticing them talking about desiring a deeper relationship with God. And how something in life brought them to this point or whatever they all say. So that is what brought about my question. Does relationship w/ God mean certain things? Does it mean the same thing for everyone? And the most important question.....What does God say about relationship with Him?
2, How much of the world events and news should affect how we run our lives? Do we live in fear ? Do we go about as normal? Or do use the time God has given us to think ahead for harder times? And how do we relate to everyone around us w/ all the current events? Surely there are people out there wondering and searching for answers?
3, How important is owning a house and chasing the American dream? How does one stay moderate in all things?
4, How does one raise boys who are strong, happy, wholesome, and wise?
So many questions...and I'm sure life will always be life and I'll have different questions next week. So far now I do my moment and wonder if I'm going to get that down right too!
But I do know.....My dishes need done every day. there is always laundry to do. and closets to clean out, and baking to do, and two boys to train into gentlemen, and a husband to honour and keep happy! So perhaps I should go do that!
And maybe that's one of those ways where I find a little bit of my answer to what is relationship w/ God? And maybe that is my answer to all my questions...just living out what is in front of me now?
Comments
The world events and future times one, hmmm, I can easily get my shorts in a wad over things like that , that I know I am in no control over. That is when I have to choose to believe with my head and not my heart. God has not given us a spirit of fear........am I trusting Him completely or not?
I can imagine that once we're finally HOME in heaven, that we would all agree that owning a home and chasing the American dream meant nothing, nothing at all. But while we live here, we have to live here...isn't that profound?! In the past couple years my mind has def. been drawn more to remembering that this world is not my HOME and what am I doing that counts? And you know, I think these supposedly "mundane" things we do for our families can count, if we do them with the right attitude! Thanks for your ?? Amy, I like your thoughts!