.....is occurring at this house right now! It's quiet! So very very unusual. Zerrick got an invite to go with his uncle to a sale barn this afternoon and the two chipmunks are sleeping! Which they should be....they didn't sleep last night so now they're paying for it.
At least two people have suggested to me that I need to find a "maid". I have been thinking long and hard and praying. I don't want a maid. I've hired maids on and off for the last 6 years. It's not satisfactory. They always do excellent jobs with the work detail. But I want to do it myself!!! I want to be queen of my own castle. And so here's the alternative...I'm thinking rather than hire a maid I need to buy a friend for my kids. I need someone old enough to care for my kids when I need a two hour breather. Someone who can come and do a project with the kids or read to them or take them hiking or whatever. And then that would give me the hour or so that I need to go get groceries or sit down and do book work or call a friend or go see a friend....basically a chance for me to get some adult brainwaves. It would need to be someone who loves me and mine and my messes. Who doesn't mind coming in and being part of us. Someone who would feel comfortable babysitting here overnight. And ideally, I wouldn't pay this person money....because that's demeaning to a friend. I don't want to buy my friends. I would like to thank this maid in some sort of pay though.... So you see. This is why I don't have a maid. I would rather have a friend.... Someone to come have coffee with me ...
I have found other little pockets of time to do things and some things are clear now. Like the computer table. And the fridge. When I need a little peace and calm I go peek in the fridge again!
So, I'm off to take advantage of the quiet. ....Market paperwork here I come. Oh dear....
At least two people have suggested to me that I need to find a "maid". I have been thinking long and hard and praying. I don't want a maid. I've hired maids on and off for the last 6 years. It's not satisfactory. They always do excellent jobs with the work detail. But I want to do it myself!!! I want to be queen of my own castle. And so here's the alternative...I'm thinking rather than hire a maid I need to buy a friend for my kids. I need someone old enough to care for my kids when I need a two hour breather. Someone who can come and do a project with the kids or read to them or take them hiking or whatever. And then that would give me the hour or so that I need to go get groceries or sit down and do book work or call a friend or go see a friend....basically a chance for me to get some adult brainwaves. It would need to be someone who loves me and mine and my messes. Who doesn't mind coming in and being part of us. Someone who would feel comfortable babysitting here overnight. And ideally, I wouldn't pay this person money....because that's demeaning to a friend. I don't want to buy my friends. I would like to thank this maid in some sort of pay though.... So you see. This is why I don't have a maid. I would rather have a friend.... Someone to come have coffee with me ...
I have found other little pockets of time to do things and some things are clear now. Like the computer table. And the fridge. When I need a little peace and calm I go peek in the fridge again!
So, I'm off to take advantage of the quiet. ....Market paperwork here I come. Oh dear....
Comments
I feel very blessed right now to have a fresh-out-of-school girl once a week to watch the children and do other odds and ends and we just pay gas plus a bit more but it's not really wages--it's volunteer, and yes, it gives her purpose and it's GREAT!
Also, I dare you to start a little coffee break time with somebody in church once or twice a month--or hey, every week! It'll do wonders for your outlook.
Okay, if you get really sick of my advice let me know. I've just been reading your posts and I just really GET IT! I've been there. (still am! but hopefully learning a few things!)