Skip to main content

The Strangest Thing....

.....is occurring at this house right now!  It's quiet!  So very very unusual.   Zerrick got an invite to go with his uncle to a sale barn this afternoon and the two chipmunks are sleeping!  Which they should be....they didn't sleep last night so now they're paying for it.
   At least two people have suggested to me that I need to find a "maid".  I have been thinking long and hard and praying.  I don't want a maid.  I've hired maids on and off for the last 6 years.  It's not satisfactory.  They always do excellent jobs with the work detail.  But I want to do it myself!!! I want to be queen of my own castle.  And so here's the alternative...I'm thinking rather than hire a maid I need to buy a friend for my kids.  I need someone old enough to care for my kids when I need a two hour breather.  Someone who can come and do a project with the kids or read to them or take them hiking or whatever.  And then that would give me the hour or so that I need to go get groceries or sit down and do book work or call a friend or go see a friend....basically a chance for me to get some adult brainwaves. It would need to be someone who loves me and mine and my messes.  Who doesn't mind coming in and being part of us. Someone who would feel comfortable babysitting here overnight.  And ideally, I wouldn't pay this person money....because that's demeaning to a friend.   I don't want to buy my friends.  I would like to thank this maid in some sort of pay though....    So you see. This is why I don't have a maid.  I would rather have a friend....  Someone to come have coffee with me ...
   I have found other little pockets of time to do things and some things are clear now.  Like the computer table.  And the fridge.  When I need a little peace and calm I go peek in the fridge again!
    So, I'm off to take advantage of the quiet.  ....Market paperwork here I come.  Oh dear....

Comments

Sharon said…
exactly, Amy! This is what I meant by a maid! Because I'm so with you on the "other kind!" you've put my feelings into words so well. But if you look, you may just be able to find somebody. Grandmas, teen girls...
I feel very blessed right now to have a fresh-out-of-school girl once a week to watch the children and do other odds and ends and we just pay gas plus a bit more but it's not really wages--it's volunteer, and yes, it gives her purpose and it's GREAT!
Also, I dare you to start a little coffee break time with somebody in church once or twice a month--or hey, every week! It'll do wonders for your outlook.
Okay, if you get really sick of my advice let me know. I've just been reading your posts and I just really GET IT! I've been there. (still am! but hopefully learning a few things!)
amyjane30 said…
Sharon your encouragement and advice and care are just what I needed. God still hasn't cleared the way for the coffee breaks and such but hopefully one day.....

Popular posts from this blog

In My Worship Place

Last time I posted I mentioned being in a quiet spot.      It's curious to me how one can be in a quiet spot internally but super busy externally and then be in a quiet season externally but Internally be in a season of seeking and crying and lonely.      Zerrick and Susanna's reception in our yard is over and my many siblings showing up for us was a cherry on top.   It felt like a relaxed good reception and I spent most of it watching people and listening in on little groups of chatter.      And then the twelve hours with my siblings on Saturday.  God worked it out so I could have tiny little snitches of chat that I could be assured that I got the most of the gift of them even being here.        We all stood around and prayed and cried and sobbed together for a short time before Bruce's left.  Healing.  I still feel emotional about it.  And now it's qu...

A few things...

Okay, I have a whole pile of pictures I'm going to post one of these days. In the mean time....a few more questions to add to my last post.... 1. What do people mean when they say things like, " He/she spoke peace/ blessing/ love/truth or whatever into my heart? How does one get truth spoke into ones heart by another person? Okay, now I expect to hear someone defend themselves for saying this or else clarify to me why it sounds so off the wall......no reading this w/out some input! 2. What else? I was asking about what does it mean to have deeper relationship w/ God. So everyone said ya that's a good thing to desire. Here's my thought. You either have a relationship w/ God or you don't. So then who decides if it's a deeper relationship than....see how can you know? Can you compare? That won't work because God doesn't work like that....putting us on brackets of who is most spiritual. The only way you can use the term in having a deeper relationship w/ Go...

Happy Birthday Keagan

Keagan turned three while we were in Idaho. So we made a cake and celebrated with the Skrivseth cousins this year. He was enthralled watching me make the cake. Had to have his little hand on that hat! gazing in adoration at it. Just about ready to blow those candles. He kept telling me that we couldn't sing Happy Birthday though. He's easily embarrassed! Silly guy! I rather like my little three year.